Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Frivolity!

Here at Deuwowlity we embrace all the personalities of every individual. You heard me right, I've got at least 3 or 4 personalities, which is more than most, but at least they don't all talk to each other at the same time. I assume that you have 2-3, even though you won't admit it to either of them.

You see, harmony among my split personalities is very important, that's why we send memos to each other on a weekly basis, and maybe even an email here and there. In the end I (the supreme administrator of all my personalities) is charged with keeping the peace.

I can't stand talking about WoW every day, although I love to play it. That's why every week I try and throw in some random short story that I make up as I write. But this is in no way a divergence from my philosophy. Remember, Dualism: A theory that considers reality to consist of two irrecudible elements or modes (i.e. relating to the belief that humans are made of two irreducible elements [matter and spirit]. It's at the top of my blog and always has been.

Now whatever your personal concept of matter and spirit are (this is not the forum for me to really care or discuss), today I am referring to my theory that sometimes there is something inside of you, inside your real body (heart, mind, organs, etc) that you can't explain, that drives you to action. Assuming that I am made of both matter and spirit then I assume that there's a posibility that I have varying desires that also clash at times, and therefore varying personalities that surface to exert control over the matter that is my body.

Sorry about that, didn't mean to get "all deep" on you there. The personality known as Franco made me do it. He's always so philosophical.

"I am not!"

"Yes you are!"

Again, sorry for that, I had to send him to bed for that outburst. What is my point? I think what I'm saying is that sometimes I just want to write a little story, sometimes I want to rant, sometimes I want to soak in the sunshine of a good night's gaming, and sometimes I want to give voice to all my personalities.

"Yes, Alejandro, what do you want?"

"I'd like to say something, master. You know what I really hate?"

"No, Alejandro, why don't you tell us."

"I hate it when people complain. Ugh, it just bugs me, ya know? I hate it when people say 'I don't like this or that' or 'they are so stupid, get me away from them'. I especially hate it when a raid leader will say 'healers can't roll on dps stuff, but dps can roll on healing stuff because I just don't freakin' care about those stupid, whiny healers'. I mean really, why do people have to whine at all, I never do, ya know?"

See what I have to deal with, Alejandro is obviously a shining example of self-control and non-whiny language. I wonder, what do your other personalities act like? Do you ever give voice to them or let them out of their rooms? Have you admitted to yourself that they exist? If not this is a perfect time to let them out.

If you came here today for WoW stuff, here it is: PUGS can get bad (that whole rant of Alejandro's actually happened to him), friends can be made, Cataclysm isn't out yet (SURPRISE!) but some really early and disappointing talent trees are, and Death Knights aren't as bad as you think, it's all about the player behind the screen.

"If I only had a brain."

Frehmheim, that's enough! Shut up and let me finish this! Sorry about that.

So, uh, you know the rules. You can share anything you want on the comments, any story, comment, whatever, just no foul language...it's my only rule. Welcome to Friday Frivolity!

No comments: