Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Frivolity Literary Contest!

"There are many powers in the world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming."

Quick, who said it? Yep, that's right. Our good 'ol friend and Wizard Gandalf the Grey.

How about this one from WoW, can you name the NPC and or his race and where he's stationed?

"I WILL KILL YOU, WINKY!"..."SHUT UP, WINKY"..."I'm going to let you in on a little secret, soldier. Come a little closer. I'M THE ONLY SANE ONE HERE! Look at these people! Would you believe they're all insane? Well they are! NUTS! CRAZY!...Let's just keep that between me, you, and my pal Captain Winky...Get in there and shake your monemaker!"

Right again, Oralius, the SANE Dwarf NPC in Burning Steppes. He's provided many an Alliance character much needed laughs in such a desolate zone.

Let's see if you can guess the following, I won't give the answers this time, so you're on your own. I'm not using recent WotLK quotes, so you'll have to search your memory banks for these:

1) "Tell me, tell me everything...naughty secrets! I'll rip the secrets from your flesh!"

2) "Avast ye swabs repel the invaders!"

3) Left head: "Me hungry!" Right head: "You always hungry. That why we so fat."

4) "BY FIRE BE PURGED!"

Honestly there are hundreds of funny, memorable phrases spoken by bosses, quest givers, random mobs and other random NPC's. If you can guess the above quotes without looking them up on the internet then you'll win! Win what? How do I know. Why don't you just tell me what you want and I'll see what I can do.

If you're really in a creative mood, let's see who can come up with the best line for the following scenario:

You've just killed the Lich King, the final words of Arthas are..." ? "

Good luck, I look forward to hearing your responses!
___________________________________
___________________________________

I have one more competition for those literary-minded folk out there. It's significantly more serious than everything I've written today, but I'm curious to see if anyone can (again, without looking them all up on the internet) guess where these quotes came from. The winner of this will get a super prize for their staunch efforts. Here they are:

1) It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.
2) There is always more misery among the lower classes than there is humanity in the higher.
3) Honesty is the best policy - when there is money in it.
4) In joy thou hast lived. Beware of the Sea! If thou hearest the cry of the gull on the shore, Thy heart shall then rest in the forest no more.
5) Nothing can be revoked or said in vain nor unfulfilled if I should nod my head.

If you get all of these I will be truly impressed.

No comments: