Monday, May 3, 2010

When Guild Members Abuse the Guild Bank

What are the rules your guild follows for use of its guild bank? Does only the guild leader have access to withdraw stuff, or are officers given the chance as well? Does everyone have a chance to withdraw at least 1 item per day? What if nobody is online and a guildie could use something from the bank but can't withdraw, are there procedures or rules set up to help this guildie? Do you mandate donations or farming?

I was talking with a friend the other night, and she told me about how her guild leader had been taking thousands of gold and thousands worth of mats out of their guild bank to craft high level gear for the new alt the g-leader just leveled to 80. All this without giving anything back (which, according to their guild rules is against the rules - they must contribute if they wish to withdraw, is the rule). Not 1 for 1, but at least a portion (maybe 1/3 or 1/2).

She was irate! I suggested to talk to the guild leader and be upfront about her concerns. That might just get her /gkicked, but at least she would have expressed her discontent to the proper person.

Evidently this has been going on for a while, but since nobody in her guild really checks the gbank logs, nobody really noticed, until recently.

Frankly, if it were me, I wouldn't know if I would say anything. Probably because I've always been self-reliant and am uncomfortable wiht sharing resources when the norm is that I receive less than 1/4 of the benefits of what I put into my guild bank.

I have never been a fan of hypocricy, I wonder what any one of you would do if they noticed this sort of activity in your guild. Would you report it? Does the guild leader have the right to set rules then abuse them? Can a guild leader, just like a business owner, do whatever he/she wants even if it means their company/guild fails?

Please help! I'd like to give the right advice to my friend, but I just don't know what to say.

No comments: