Friday, July 2, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and The Stupid

The Good
Breaking news here first, there is a new WoW expansion pack to be released later this year, 2010. I know, it's big news. Just remember that you heard it here first. It will be called Cataclysm. I have no idea why, maybe they're gonna do all kinds of crazy things like make Healers DPS or something. Naw, Blizz wouldn't go that crazy. But it should be pretty cool. I just wish that I could find some information somewhere on the internet about this Cataclysm thingy. I look and I look and I find nothing. Sports Issutrated doesn't talk about it, MSNBC...not a word. Bloomberg, NOTHING! Where can I find info on this Cataclysm xpac? Aaaarrgh!

The Bad (Or Not so bad, it depends)
I still haven't killed the Lich King. Don't laugh, I bet that the vast majority of players out there haven't done it either. Some probably because they just don't care about raiding. Me? I enjoy it but my ability to put the time in is...limited. Plus, I think I just enjoy doing whatever I'm in the mood for A LOT more than worrying about frost emblem farming or whether I've killed Arthas. Talk about casual, man. I'm sure it will happen before that Cataclysm thingy comes out (seriously, where can I find information? It's like it's hiding and doesn't want to be found). So if I don't care that much, this lamentable fact can't really be that bad, can it?

The Stupid
How often have you done something in-game (or NOT did something) out of spite? I think I did that last night. If I talk about it everyone will mock and say "Dude, get over it, why you holding a grudge or spite others that didn't do anything to you?" But didn't I make it clear from the section title that it was stupid...rather I was stupid. No, I won't say what I did, exactly. Let's just say that I withheld all my services from guild memebers (mostly crafting and informational help, I wasn't running anything with them last night) because of one spiteful thing that somebody said to me.

Yes, I was wrong. Yes, I was petty. Yes, I was stupid. I have never reacted so horribly in my WoW life. But are you going to tell me that you have always been perfect and never did anything out of spite? Will you sit there and type out a comment and say that you have never overreacted to ANYTHING your entire life? Can you say that not once have you been upset and reacted badly to the situation? So we all do stupid things, but can we admit them, move on and try and do better in the future? If so then I think I deserve a bit of a break, myself included. I take the game in a laid-back manner most of the time, but I'm also a human with passions and emotions which, unfortunately, sometimes overcome my rational mind and influence me to do things against my normal behavioral standards.

It's all in the past now. Moving on...

Cataclysm Thingy
I think I found a website that may have some Cataclysm information. It's called ILoveToCook.com. Surely they have what's brewing about the Cataclysm thingy, right?
___________________

Nope, just checked it out, NOTHING! Where to look now? Oh, I know. What about a Star Wars web site? They might have something?

Happy 4th of July to all you American's. Be safe! To the Brisish...well, sorry, but we did win the war. To everyone else, thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend. I won't be back till next Tuesday. It's party time!

No comments: