Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sight Seeing

I did some sightseeing yesterday, the final day in the life of Old Azeroth. No, I didn't earn my world Explorer title, but I had a plan which didn't involve only myself. You see, I let my kids play as well, but not nearly as much as I play. So given that I've been around the world so many times with so many toons, I let my kids decide where we went.

Can you say Night Elf? Good, because that's all they wanted to look at. Any zone with any NElf structures, ruins, outposts, or lore they made me wade through. It actually went faster than I thought it would, and there were a few things that I had never seen before.

For example, in Feralas, somewhat east of Dire Maul there is one of the most beautiful waterfalls that I have ever seen. The green aura that permeates the region adds a unique glow a spectacular fall that shimmers as it lands in a small pond, only to lead to a stream that flows onward to the south. It was quite a site, one that I had never really paid attention to or possibly seen before last night.

I reset all of the hearthstones on all of our toons, since all portals will disappear from Dalaran and Shatt (which I love, btw). But other than that it was a fairly uneventful day. I think that's because I have seen so much now, the changes are not sad but a welcome joy.

Did any of you do anything special or was your last day in Azeroth just business as usual? Share if you like. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great time in the New World.

1 comment:

Lazaros of Llane said...

Two of my pals and I threw down in ZG. Sure, we hoped for one last chance at mounts for our mains, but really, it was the being there, soaking the environment, and enjoying what was our first real progression raid five years ago.

I also took the time to move my army of 80s to SW or IF and reset hearths. (I'm sure I missed one or two and will find out at inopportune moments later.)