Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The New Face of Raiding...

If it looks anything like my face, we're all in for a great time!

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. It's just that there has been so many opinions based on the recent news to changes to raiding in Cataclysm the past couple days, I'd like to offer a simple perspective from a simple guy.

I didn't really start "Raiding" until some time the second part of last year. I work all day and spend time with my family, and my time to play wow is...limited. I like to get the most out of it. As a result I decided to join a fairly casual and nice guild that really likes to raid 10-mans. I've pugged into some 25's when I've had time on the weekends, but I only have time for so much.

I feel bad that 25-man raiders feel like their way of life is being threatened, and I feel disgusted by 10-man raiders that sneer at those 25-ers and laugh with twisted pleasure at their "supposedly inevtitable demise". Honestly, I have no idea what'll happen, and it may sound callous but I'm not sure I care too much.

Why?

Well, cause I'm a simple guy, and as many of you quite selfish too. I like to play and enjoy the game how I want to, and so far that's worked out. Come Cataclysm I wonder if changes that Blizzard makes will take away some of those things that I enjoy, I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. So I can sympathise with 25-maners who fear for their way of life.

I hope everyone can find something fun to do that also satisfies their style. It's probably impossible, I've witnessed that wow enthusiasts can be overbearing and impossible to please at times, but I can still hope.

I care that people can enjoy this life, and if they do it by playing wow I am all for that. I really don't care what will happen, I'm just excited to witness it for myself and observe the resulting human behaviour (that kind of stuff fascinates me). I'm sure I'll find ways to have fun and fit in with the new system, I hope that whatever side of the fence that you sit on you can find the virtues in the changes and not just harp on the stuff that you don't like. You may be doing more harm to yourself than good.

Good luck!

2 comments:

LarĂ­sa said...

Thanks for the compassion! No fences between us!
Cheers

Gronthe said...

Cheers!