Sunday, March 18, 2012

Out of Exile

To those of you who don't know me, welcome! My name is Gronthe, and I used to be a blogaholic. Still am at heart, really, but this is more of a simple introduction to those who never knew me, and a hearty hello to those who used to visit my wall of words every once in a while.

I have been on a self-imposed exile from blogging. It had a lot, if not all, to do with real life issues overwhelming my creative spirit. Despite some of those issues lingering, a spirit of introspection and creative thought may just be gripping me once again. I said I'd be back, I just didn't know when or under what circumstances.

I will float from issue to issue here at Deuwowlity, but will always try to remember one important tenant, that people play games! These people, both you and I, we are real beings with thoughts and emotions, opinions and prejudices. All of these things go into not only our beliefs but our behavior in an online gaming world that despite our best efforts we will never fully understand. At least, I won't understand, but I will venture to guess why you and I do what we do nevertheless.

I don't know how long it will be until people realize that I'm back, but I have decided after much pondering over the subject, that I won't change a bit about the tone and feel of my blog. It's my voice, and for good or bad I share that voice with you. And maybe, just maybe, we can converse once again in as friendly a manner that we once did. For you new kids, well, I may not be your "cup of tea", so to speak, but give me a chance and I may surprise you yet.

I've stepped out of the shadows and into the sunlight, the fresh air fills my lungs and the birds grant me visions of flying free through the skies. Ah yes, it's good to be out of exile.

Sincerely,

Gronthe of Deuwowlity

1 comment:

Syl said...

Oh my, welcome back!!!
I was wondering where you disappeared to and if the blogosphere would ever see return. glad some of the issues have sorted themselves out and that you decided to stick to your voice, no matter what. after all it's one many people cared to read in the past. :)

Good to see you blogging again! /wave